Queanbeyan Landcare Inc. has its origins in the Trees for Queanbeyan Committee which started in 1991 and incorporated as a Landcare Group in 1997. Membership is now about 40 residents.
In the early years, the emphasis was on establishing neighbourhood plantings and this was a success, with about 20 sites thriving with more than 4,000 trees planted.
In recent years, activities has widened to more than 10 current projects. In addition, Queanbeyan Landcare participates in regional Landcare networks such as The Molonglo Catchment Group, and the Upper Murrumbidgee Landcare Group, Local Land Services and contributes to local planning processes, such as the Queanbeyan Palerang Regional Council. Importantly, we work with other community groups, to achieve environmental restoration (Fernleigh Park, Bicentennial Park, Stringybark Reserve, Mount Jerrabomberra), community facilities, such as new bikeways along the Queanbeyan River, the Community Gardens in Henderson Road.
- Bi-centennial Park Group
- Fernleigh Park Group (Googong)
- Friends of Mount Jerrabomberra Stringybark Reserve Group
More to come
- Buttles's Creek (Queanbeyan CBD)
- Candlebark Parklet
- The Poplars (Kinlyside Ave, Jerrabomberra)
- MCG QCC QLc Stringybark/Environa Project - the Advisory Group
- Environa – Pott’s Creek /Jasper’s Gorge Project
- Peter Barrer Fauna Reserve - Fairlane Estate (Pink Legless Lizard (Aprasia parapulchella )
- Queanbeyan Railway Station clean-up and horticulture
- Stringybark Reserve
- Wandyali Trust